Sunday, August 16, 2015

Full day of serving!

In my hopes of become the Children's Director I've decided to start volunteering for children's church. That way I can get experience, let the kids get used to me, and help my church. Today I showed up bright and early and greeted the kids as they came in. There was some miscommunication with the interim director so she was late, glad I was there! I helped her through first service and after it was over the minister said the nursery staff for second service called in. So I was asked to fill in. Between services there is Sunday School and that's a break for me. I went into the kitchen for more coffee and a doughnut and was asked if I'd be interested in teaching 1-2nd grade Sunday School! By this time classes had started (all grades together) so I snuck in and listened the introduced myself at the end. Then it was down to the nursery where I got to spend time with 3 toddlers and a baby! I spent a little over an hour on the floor playing, feeding and rocking a baby, and even shared a bible story! What an awesome God filled morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment